Sidewalk Slip and Fall

If you’ve been injured after a slip and fall on a city sidewalk, you may have questions about sidewalk slip and fall liability. Watch this video to learn more.

Can I sue a city or county for a  sidewalk slip and fall injury?

I had a man recently call me about falling on a defective sidewalk on Broad Street. He wanted to bring a case against the city of Augusta. If you’re watching this video, you may have questions about defective sidewalks or curbs. These are the tips that I told that client. I’m happy to share them with you as well.

Cases against cities, counties and municipalities are a little different than those against a normal property owner. There are certain notices that need to be given to city, counties, states and municipalities to put that municipality on notice before a lawsuit can be filed. Experienced lawyers that bring cases against cities, counties and municipalities know about these notices, such as ante litem notices. In my client’s case, the city had received warnings about this defective sidewalk that was on the 500 block of Broad Street, and we were able to successfully bring a case against the city.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured in a sidewalk slip and fall?

Contact the experienced Augusta slip and fall lawyers at Nimmons Malchow Johnson Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Let our experience and dedication work for you.

Like Us on Facebook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *