Firework Injury Lawyers in Augusta Upholding the Rights of Injured Clients
There are a lot of different types of fireworks involved in any given accident that we’ve seen people suffer from. Some of them shoot off in the air and some of them explode on the ground. Depending on how they are used or how they were meant to be used, they can cause some serious damage and injuries. The most common types of fireworks we have seen in injury cases include the following:
- Bottle rockets
- Shells that reload
- Roman candles
- Novelty fireworks
- fireworks at a public display
You can buy these at grocery stores or in states where large fireworks are legal. Some of them are safer than others, but when used improperly any of them can cause permanent damage not only to another person but to property. If you believe you were harmed by someone else’s negligence in a firework accident, please call our Augusta firework injury lawyers today to figure out what your legal options are.
Regardless if you were injured by someone else being irresponsible with a firework or a firework that was defective, please reach out to us so we can go over the details of your case. We will give you guidance on who the liable party is and who you are bringing your claim against. We will help you determine what you are legally entitled to. We will fight for you every step of the way to ensure that you get the justice that you deserve. Call us today.
How Do Firework Injuries Happen?
When firework accidents happen, it’s typically because people are being foolish. Sometimes it’s because the fireworks are defective and it’s at no fault of the user. These injuries can be fatal. We often see firework accidents happen for the following reasons:
- No one was supervising children or teens using sparklers or fireworks.
- Fireworks that were recalled or determined to be defective were used.
- Safety goggles were not used when lighting sparklers or fireworks.
- When the firework was lit, people were standing too close to it and didn’t back up after it had been lit.
- Fireworks or bottle rockets were being thrown or pointed at people while lit.
- Someone hung onto the firework after they lit it.
- Someone picked up a dud firework and tried to relight it.
How Can I Safely Use Fireworks?
The National Fire Protection Association, or the NFPA, statistics say that injuries are based on the use of bottle rockets, sparklers, Roman candles, etc., and happen primarily to men. It also states that more than half of the injuries affect the legs or the hands and fingers of victims. About 20% of these injuries affect the victims’ eyes.
Kids who have suffered injuries after being involved in a firework accident not only end up with permanent scarring, but they often have enduring psychological trauma from the incident. These accidents can be very traumatic for little kids.
Some safety measures that people can take to reduce the instances of firework accidents include the following:
- Don’t let young kids use fireworks under any circumstances.
- If a firework or a sparkler does not light on the first try, don’t try to relight it.
- Always have water on hand either with a hose or a bucket in case a fire happens.
- When using fireworks, use them one at a time and immediately move away from it once it is lit.
- Do not purchase fireworks that are packaged in brown paper bags because this is typically an indicator that these are for displays for professional use. You could seriously hurt yourself if you don’t have experience.
- When young adults are using fireworks, always have adult supervision.
- Do not point fireworks or sparklers at anyone ever.
- Do not carry around Roman candles in your pocket.
- Do not shoot off fireworks such as Roman candles in a glass or metal container.
- Always pour water over fireworks even if they’re done burning. Wet the trash when you have left the fireworks in the bin so there are no fires in your trash bin.
What Can a Firework Injury Lawyer Do to Help Me?
When you get hurt in a firework accident and are suffering from serious injuries, you might wonder if there is justice that you can go after. Most times when people get hurt in firework accidents it’s because someone else was acting foolishly. You will be able to bring a claim against the person who is acting negligently or carelessly with the fireworks. You have a legal right to seek justice if your injuries were caused at the hands of someone who was being careless. That person who caused the accident likely doesn’t have a claim because they were the ones responsible for the accident, unless there was some sort of defect in the firework that caused the accident to happen.
In the event that there was a defect, anyone who got hurt in that accident can file a claim against the manufacturer or the distributor of the product if they are able to prove that these people knew their product was hazardous and dangerous. Not doing anything to rectify the situation and protect their consumers is an exceptional issue. Because these issues are complicated and can involve a variety of liable parties it’s important to have Augusta firework injury lawyers look over your claim and determine who is the liable party and how you are going to get your justice.
If you believe you are entitled to full and fair compensation because of your firework accident, you may be able to bring a claim and file a lawsuit. You can be compensated for a number of things, including non-economic damages and economic damages. Our Augusta firework injury lawyers will fight to get you compensated in the fullest and fairest amount.
Here are some things that are factors in how you might get compensated for a firework injury:
- Pain and suffering from your firework injury
- Scarring and disfigurement caused by the burns in your firework accident
- Mental anguish as a result of your accident
- The cost of medical care to treat your injuries
- Wages you lost from missing work due to your injuries
- Loss in earning capacity
Our lawyers can help you get the justice you deserve. Odds are you don’t know how to handle a case like this, but we handled them on a daily basis. It is our job to defend the rights of personal injury victims and we do that gladly. If you’ve been hurt and require medical attention due to someone else’s negligence, please reach out to our Augusta firework injury lawyers today.
Do I Need to Hire a Firework Injury Lawyer?
Our Augusta firework injury lawyers know how to successfully handle claims like yours. We have brought justice for victims of firework injuries many times and we want to fight for your rights. Please give Nimmons Malchow Johnson a call as soon as you possibly can and we will set up a free initial consultation with you. You deserve to get full and fair compensation.