Suing the City For A Faulty Sidewalk

Have you or a loved one been injured from a slip and fall and are suing the city for a faulty sidewalk in Augusta? Watch this video to learn what to do.

Can I sue a city or county for my injuries from a sidewalk or curb in Augusta?

We had a client who tripped and fell on Broad Street in downtown Augusta, Georgia. He asked us if he could make a claim against the city of Augusta for his injuries. If you’re reading this, you may have similar questions. In Georgia, you can make a claim against the city, county, or state for defective sidewalks or curbs that cause injuries. To be successful in the claim you have to prove that the city, county, or state had notice of the defective sidewalk or curb. It was hard for the injured person to see or observe the defect in the sidewalk or the curb. It’s important for someone injured on a sidewalk or a curb to hire an experienced attorney because there are critical deadlines that need to be met making claims against city, county, or state. There are 6-month and 12-month deadlines to put the city, county, or state on notice of the potential claims. They’re called [01:36] notices. Experienced attorneys that make claims and bring lawsuits against city, county, or state need to be hired because it is a very specialized field with certain deadlines that many lawyers are not aware of. If you have questions about defective sidewalks or curbs, please feel free to give us a call. We’d be happy to help.

Were you or a loved one injured from a slip and fall in Georgia and have questions about suing the city for a faulty sidewalk? Contact the experienced Georgia slip and fall attorneys at Nimmons Malchow Johnson Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

We can help get your life back on track. Let our experience and dedication work for you.

Like Us on Facebook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *